Discover Jersey Arts (DJA) is a multi-faceted audience development program aimed at increasing the awareness of and participation in the arts in New Jersey. A cosponsored project of the ArtPride New Jersey Foundation and New Jersey State Council on the Arts, DJA connects people to the arts they love while promoting the value of the arts to New Jersey’s quality of life and economic vitality.
Nonprofit arts organizations can take advantage of DJA’s numerous programs and services by registering with the Jersey Arts Marketers (JAM) network including:
- JerseyArts.com Event and Directory Listings – make sure your upcoming events are included in our searchable event calendar and your organization’s directory listing is up-to-date
- Member Card Program and eSavers – reach new audiences through inclusion in this monthly “buy-one, get-one-free” email offer to Jersey Arts Members
- Premium Offers – extend a variety of offers only to our higher-level members, including weekly Flash Sales, invited dress rehearsals, early ticket sales, and more
- Culture Vultures – share and participate in regularly published original content, news articles, and behind-the-scenes interviews that are distributed online to our members
- Cooperative Advertising Program – pool your resources with other nonprofit arts groups and take advantage of underwriting funds made available by DJA to extend your reach and save money
- Audience Insights Manager (AIM) – formerly the List Exchange & Audience Census, subscribe to take advantage of powerful patron data analysis tools
- Seasonal Campaigns – become part of package themed events as part of seasonal campaigns
- People’s Choice Awards – nominate your peers in a variety of categories and rally your audiences to vote for your organization in these annual awards
- Discover Jersey Arts Month – join us in an annual campaign to celebrate the Governor’s proclamation that October is “Discover Jersey Arts” month
In their own words:
“AIM is an important tool for both the Marketing and Development departments, as it provides affordable access to demographic data on our constituents through an easy-to-use, web-based program. It assists us in targeting our sales materials as well as reporting on our results to those who support us.”
-Kelly Ryman | Managing Director, George Street Playhouse
“Paper Mill Playhouse is both humbled and honored to receive the People’s Choice Award for Favorite Place to see a Musical. These awards are a gift from the audiences and students we serve throughout the state of New Jersey.”
– Todd Schmidt | Managing Director, Paper Mill Playhouse
For individuals, JerseyArts.com provides the public a central clearinghouse of information on New Jersey’s arts scene including:
- Event Calendar – search for upcoming performances and exhibitions near you.
- Directory of Cultural Organizations – find general information on local theaters, museums, arts centers, and other arts groups.
- Virtual Gallery – view the work of New Jersey artists and find out where they are currently exhibiting.
- Culture Vultures – read features on what’s happening in New Jersey’s arts scene.
- Jersey Arts Podcast – listen to interviews with lively and intriguing personalities.
- Jersey Arts Membership – get more out of the arts you love through this tiered membership program including discounts, special offers, and behind-the-scenes access through exclusive member events.
In their own words:
“I just searched for things to do from my phone –great job on that function!”
– Michele Russo, Basic Jersey Arts Member
“My husband and I are newlyweds, but we are constantly on the go; we are like two ships passing in the night. We both have such busy schedules that even though we are told we should still be making time to go on ‘dates,’ it’s hard sometimes. We found a solution! We were able to have a date day at Grounds for Sculpture thanks to our Jersey Arts Membership.”
– Priscilla & Lindsey Smith, Premium Jersey Arts Members